the 90th minute

Until September 2007, when my oldest daughter was born, this blog covered daily life and politics in Israel, as well as Hebrew-English linguistic issues, from the perspective of an American-raised journalist and translator living in Israel. Now it mostly serves as the SmunchMonk&Bear news agency, a portal into the bizarre universe of the little people. Read more at: www.shoshanakordova.com.

Monday, April 11, 2011

What I heard myself saying today

"If you don't stop crying, you won't be allowed to help me clean for Pesach."

And the best part? It worked immediately. Chalk one up for Shas gan brainwashing.

In other news, Pharaoh was sighted in Rimonit's room tonight. She caught him hitting, and he had to be sent back to Mitzrayim. Also, there were frogs in her tights.

Speaking of tights (her latest obsession, which she can now actualize in full thanks to the package Savta Lea sent), the other day Rimonit announced that she wants to wear tights because she wants to be beautiful. I pretty much stopped in my tracks, thinking 'Whoa, it's begun!' and gave her a whole spiel about how she's beautiful whether or not she's wearing tights, a dress, etc. etc. I've repeated it a couple of times since then and I guess it got through because as we were putting on her pajamas tonight she said, 'Ima, my beautiful!'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home