the 90th minute

Until September 2007, when my oldest daughter was born, this blog covered daily life and politics in Israel, as well as Hebrew-English linguistic issues, from the perspective of an American-raised journalist and translator living in Israel. Now it mostly serves as the SmunchMonk&Bear news agency, a portal into the bizarre universe of the little people. Read more at: www.shoshanakordova.com.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

I hear that school has fantastic swimming classes

1. At an aquarium, after we saw a bunch of fish swimming together.

Me: When fish swim together, it's called a school of fish.

Rimonit, the next time we saw something similar (about a minute later): I see the fish going to school!

2. That night, bedtime. RP again, demonstrating that while the "school of fish" concept may be a little confusing, she's a master at similes:

Rimonit: I'm giving you a kiss as big as the ship we saw [the battleship New Jersey; plants a smooch on my cheek], and a kiss as small as Moriya [gives me a peck].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home