the 90th minute

Until September 2007, when my oldest daughter was born, this blog covered daily life and politics in Israel, as well as Hebrew-English linguistic issues, from the perspective of an American-raised journalist and translator living in Israel. Now it mostly serves as the SmunchMonk&Bear news agency, a portal into the bizarre universe of the little people. Read more at: www.shoshanakordova.com.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ugh

This morning I hear Kinneret complaining that there's a tissue stuck to her pants. I call out from a different room that she should take the tissue off. (It's amazing how frequently that kind of advice works. I couldn't tell you how many times I've gotten a plaintive-voiced "toy fall down!" or "my spoon fell down!" and resolved the matter by suggesting that they pick it up.)

Anyway, next thing I know she's pulling off her pants. I start explaining that I meant she should remove the tissue, not the pants, but as I get closer I realize that one leg of her pants has been doused in slimey gunk - from which I deduce that "tissue on my pants" actually meant "I used my pants as a tissue." Just hoping I don't hear "toilet paper on my pants" any time soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home