the 90th minute

Until September 2007, when my oldest daughter was born, this blog covered daily life and politics in Israel, as well as Hebrew-English linguistic issues, from the perspective of an American-raised journalist and translator living in Israel. Now it mostly serves as the SmunchMonk&Bear news agency, a portal into the bizarre universe of the little people. Read more at: www.shoshanakordova.com.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I'm it


I've been tagged by Live From Israel to respond to the blog equivalent of chain mail - in this case, a list of 8 facts/habits about myself. However, since this is, after all, my blog, I'm going to bend the rules a little (a lot?) and not post the original rules, tag anyone else or provide the requested number of responses. Oh, and also, I'm gonna answer a completely different question.

Herewith, 4 foods I like to eat (or, if you're a traditionalist, 4 facts/habits about me, as pertains to my eating lifestyle):

1. Cherry tomatoes (preferably fresh from the garden, but straight from the shuk is good too)

2. Chocolate chips (and please don't dilute them with milk, I want the bittersweet kind. Oh, and none of that "white chocolate" crap either. I don't know who invented that oxymoron, but calling a substance chocolate when it doesn't have any chocolate in it just may be the food scam of the century. Hmm, I wonder if those Nigerian spammers started it? You know, "Just wire me all your money and I promise to send you some white chocolate in return." And the inevitable response: "Gee, that sounds like a great deal, I better call my bank right now." But I'm getting sidetracked here...)

3. Meatballs and spaghetti (preferably with pickles, extra sauce and, of course, Tropicana orange juice)

4. Mint chocolate-chip ice cream (this could also be on a list called "Foods that America should start shipping over to Israel, and pronto." I still have to restrain myself from salivating every time I see green ice cream in Israel - which in this country, bizarrely enough, signals that all-time summer fave: pistachio flavor.)

Mmm, I think I'm getting hungry...

3 Comments:

Blogger Miriam said...

Hey. After the fast, I just had to eat AND read about food LOL. Hope you are doing well.

July 25, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

My two all time favorite ice cream flavors are: (drum roll please)
1. Mint chocolate chip
1. Pistacchio
Darn, I can't decide which I like best. ;-P

January 18, 2008  
Blogger Shoshana Kordova said...

quietusleo, that must be a relief for you - no matter which green you get, you're happy!

January 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home